When TiddlyWeb first starts up as a web server, either using the internal server or whatever server is being used to mount the service, it goes through several steps to configure itself and establish how it will respond to requests.
- tiddlyweb.config and tiddlywebconfig.py are read to establish configuration settings.
- If there are any system plugins, they are imported and processed. These may modify other configuration settings.
- The stack of WSGI applications is configured (see WSGI Middleware Illustration).
- The bottom of that stack, selector, is configured with the urls_map.
- The entire WSGI application is provided to the handling server and the server now waits for requests.
See Server Request Model.